As seen below on the 1883 Map, Seekins Street did not exist at the time. The vast landholdings of Dr. Calvin Blake in that area were then owned by his son, Calvin Blake Jr. Note that Walter E. M. Seekins had not yet built his 2 stores on Commercial Street (then known as North Street) which would eventually be located between the C. H. Skinner Store and the W. Lancey Store.
Cropped picture below from the 1896 Map showing the area of the future Seekins & Blake Street locations. The very long building seen near the future Seekins Street is likely the stockyard barn of Wendell Daniel Annis who married Walter E. M. Seekins' daughter, Edda Alice Seekins, and was a Cattle Drover at the time. Their house would eventually be located at the corner of Blake & Seekins Street. The barn is roughly located at the location of the future Briggs house.
In 1901, Walter E. M. Seekins purchased a portion of the inherited lands of Dr. Calvin Blake from his son Calvin Blake Jr and extended the existing entry to the Methodist Church on Commercial Street across to Blake Street creating Seekins Street. Several of Seekins' children and grandchildren built their houses on the new street.
About 1912, the P & H Grange #452 built their new hall on Seekins Street. The building was razed in the early 1970s and replaced with a Public Tennis & Basketball Court. See the Grange Hall Page for further details.